Saturday, September 3, 2011

Shopping Wars

What about clothes shopping makes a normal sized girl so self-conscious and off her game? Society has tamed us to think that a size 10 is as big as it gets, and anything past that is disgusting and undesirable. But why? What about being larger makes people cringe and turn away? What about a skinny, boney ass makes a guy, or girl, turn their head and stare? I'm sorry, but I am all for an attractive female, and a boney ass is by far NOT on the list of attractions. But still, people look at a skinny girl and think that she is beautiful, but anything with a real size or curves should not be looked upon.

I shouldn't walk into a store or a mall and automatically feel disgusting because all the skinny girls wanna stare at the fact that I have a shape. It's nothing to be ashamed of, yet we're trained to think it is.

I don't think it's fair that more people in this world look like me, and are my size, yet all the stores sell towards the smaller girls, in shoe and clothing size. There shouldn't be such a stigma toward larger figures when most of the people you see in the REAL world are larger, most a lot larger than myself. I think curves are beautiful and give people more spunk and personality. As a friend once said, "You don't see skinny people associated with being jolly."

No comments:

Post a Comment